Super Duper

On Saturday night, my best friend Samantha and I heard that SuperDuperKyle was in town and performing at Pygmalion. We were familiar with his music–and had acted out the opening dialogue of iSpy some embarrassing number of times–so we agreed we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see him perform live and experience a music festival for the first time!

It was amazing. After waiting in front of the stage for forty minutes for the show to begin, the lights finally snapped on and SuperDuperBrick, a DJ who performs with Kyle, sprinted onto the stage in his white tank top, baggy orange pants, hot pink headband, and animated personality. He played a fire medley of songs we knew and could scream along to so we were officially hyped and ready for Kyle when he took the stage.

It was exciting to have an artist we were familiar with performing in our home town at a smaller and more personal venue, and to stand only a few feet away from Kyle, who we had only ever heard on the radio or seen on youtube before. The close physical proximity formed a deep connection between everyone who attended the performance. We even felt a part of the show as we were covered by the beams of light and strobe lighting and smoke from the stage, our hearts literally vibrating from the impact of the bass.

I was definitely a Kyle fan by the end of the show. (Really? Really? Yeah!) His love for performing shone through clearly through his energetic choreography, rapport with the fans, and dynamic performance.

The evening was truly inspirational. I admire Kyle's passion for sharing his music which makes so many people happy. I aspire to be as passionate about what I do and to touch as many people.

Picture by Grace Sumitro :)


Comments

  1. I thought this post was really interesting because it had such vivid descriptions. I almost had the feeling that I was there watching the whole thing play out. I also think it was a good idea to add a picture at the end. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah: great descriptions! I like your word choice and you always have great topics that you're passionate about. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the videos of him dancing and it's amazing like that man could run a marathon. Seeing something on tv vs being there in person is so different. It's pretty surprised that he would surprise in Champaign, maybe that tells something about how much he loves to preform. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts